Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finished - Aviatrix Baby Hats


Finito!  I made these two little Aviatrix Baby Hats with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for my cousin`s new twins. Luckily, the babies are fraternal, so I got to use the pink and the blue!  The Cashmerino was really nice to work with and I think it will be especially well received (the palette is right on and the texture can`t be beat). The pattern was pretty straight-forward. It took a bit more time than I expected, but it looks great and is more interesting than a plain, old hat.  

I think the pattern would work especially well with a slightly textured yarn, which would disguise the short-row wraps. On the blue I tried unwrapping the wraps and knitting them in, but it didn`t make a difference in appearance, so just knit right over your wraps like Jussi directs. I was also a big confused bu the yarn suggestion - they used a DK, but knit it on a 4.5mm needle and got a gauge of 4.5 sts per inch. I wen`t with the suggested gauge and used a yarn thant knits up at 18 sts & 24 rows over 4 inches. 

As always, find us at www.knitomatic.com!


No comments: