Friday, September 24, 2010

Randomly Striped Noro Pillow


I finished another Striped Pillow in Noro this week, and I'm really happy with this one. I'll publish the pattern once I get everything right, it is strangely fussy because the ease (the amount of space between you/pillow and the sweater) is very important and because the tension changes once it is blocked/washed and fitted on the pillow. So basically, it's important to get it to fit just right. The Noro Blossom/mohair combo stretched much more than the Silk Garden/Lamb's Pride Worsted. I'm going to give it another shot with a Noro Silk Garden and Berroco Ultra Alpaca version (in different colours), and I'll swatch the pair by making a Turn a Square Hat (but with random stripes)

I'm very happy with this colour combo, both are colours/yarns which I love, so seeing them together makes me doubly happy.  

1 comment:

ewenique said...

cute pillow! well done.

sophia

p.s. miss hanging out with you. i hope you're well.