Friday, June 11, 2010

Kiddie Surprise!

I finished my 'Baby' Surprise, or should I say, I got around to taking pics & posting it. It is more of a kiddie surprise, it is much larger than Zimmerman intended. If you want to make one baby size, it's probably best to use a fingering wright yarn, like the Noro Silk Garden Sock.  My arms are a little short, i could have picked them up and added some length, but I'm sorta done with this baby.

arms from underarm: 9"
arm circumference: 12"
body length from shoulder: 20"
chest circumference (closed):  24" 

tension:  14 sts & 24 rows = 4" in garter stitch

As for the experience, I grade it a C.  It was a nebish; not exciting, not entertaining, kinda boring, but not the hardest or the worst thing I've ever made. It wasn't my kind of thing, but maybe it will be yours.  I'd raise the grade to a B- if the aesthetic was more exciting.

The Noro was definitely the yarn to use, it looks great!

No comments: