Thursday, June 03, 2010

Baby Surprise Progress

I'm making progress on my Baby Surprise Jacket.  I'm working with 5.5mm needles, so I think it will actually be a toddler surprise jacket.  Currently, it looks like the pelt of an animal (if Noro yarn was an animal i think it would be the size of racoon, so I'm personalizing this project as a flayed 'Noro'). 

The Noro Furin is lovely! I can't say enough good things about it. The pattern is OK. It is written in Elizabeth Zimmerman's casual vernacular, so I have been making notes in my little book, trying to keep track of what I am supposed to be doing. That aside, I'm a little bored with this pattern. Maybe it's the garter stitch or maybe it is all the 'easiness'. I can probably attribute it to the aesthetic, which isn't really me (too close to macrame). That said, thus far I am really happy with the way the Noro is working with the pattern. The Furin's texture is fantastic with the garter and hopefully the striping will be attractive.  

1 comment:

VeganCraftastic said...

Sometimes I think I'm the only knitter who hasn't tried this pattern, the way it's written just turns me off.