Friday, November 20, 2009

Old Fashioned Cabled Stole


I finished my Old Fashioned Cabled Stole last night!  It really did not take too much time at all. I will publish the pattern as soon as my little fingers can muster the energy. It's a take on a keyhole scarf, except that both the ends have a little tunnel, that you thread the opposite end through. Pretty cool if I don't say so myself.

The mannequin is a size 6, but the thing stretches and is a very malleable garment that can be worn around your neck or shoulders in all kinds of flattering ways. I am a size 10 and my shoulders are proportionally small in relation to my boobies, so I am inclined to wear it a bit higher up around my neck & shoulders. Of course, if you are plus sized it is very easy to add extra inches to the circumference by adding a few inches to the main section while you are knitting. If you want it longer, add some extra stitches to the sections on either side of the cable.




No comments: