Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Love Only Gold!



Finito! The Solid Gold Beret!  It is way too big for my poor little head, but it looks good and I've sized the pattern down.  The yarn is soft, pretty, comfortable, and you should see how it sparkles in the light at night!



Actually, what I really love is Black!  This is  a version of the above in a smaller size (S) and the black on black Lanalux.  It is my black bullion beret. Strangely, the black was a thicker yarn than the gold, so I made it on slightly larger needles. bizzarre!

I think that this hat might be a good archetype to display different yarns, so I'm planning on making one in the Lana Grossa Pashmina Cashmere, Noro Silk Garden, Dream in Color Classy and Malabrigo Worsted. The pattern is/will be available in the store and when I'm sure that I've worked out the kinks I'll put it up for sale as a PDF download online through Ravelry.

No comments: