Monday, September 17, 2012

Camp-Out Mitts



Shona Tova to my Jewish and Jewish literate friends! I should be unpacking and organizing my kitchen today (just shacked up with my boyfriend and I have to try and integrate some of his stuff).  Should. I glutened myself yesterday and don't feel like doing much of anything. My compromise is writing to you. :-)


Ok, so lets get down to brass tacks!  Above is a finished object, Camp-Out Mitts. They only used 1 skein of Noro Silk Garden. I'd say the skill level was around moderate to adept-beginner, but they were really quite simple. I know that sounds like a paradox; the pattern employed a bunch of different skills, but did it in an simple way.  Actually, they would be a good project for a class: skills included 3 needle bind off (or grafting if you want to get technical), knitting on double pointed needles, picking up stitches, casting on in the middle of a row, placing markers, special kinds of decreases. If I've inspired you, you can sign up for one of our Project Workshops and make them as your project. (Sorry, when I started writing I did not set out to plug our classes, but writing is a process and it just seemed like a good idea). 

Anyway, I really like my new mitts and will probably make another pair. :-)


As always, you can kind us at Knitomatic.com!



No comments: