Open Cardigan last weekend, pockets and all! It was really a runaway project, I started it as a little spring/summer thing but it had a will of it's own so I went with it (I guess it wanted to be something else). The Araucania Patagonia (cotton) was great to work with, but I already knew that. It has a lot of drape so I was able too make a smaller size.
You may be surprised to know that this was the first time I have ever made pockets. Yup, I popped my pocket cherry. I wasn't avoiding them, it just never came up. They were easy, especially working top-down. Although, I would categorize them in the realm of 'finishing' - I took my time with them to make sure they looked good. You can make it without pockets, I just thought it would be a nice thing in a big, comfy cardigan.
I am writing up the pattern, it'll be available soon. I want to double check the math, and I have to put in the pocket instructions.