Saturday, July 26, 2008

Knit Tagging

Yesterday I took up knit-tagging telephone poles knitta style. Regrettably, it isn't a political statement, it's not a counter culture, guerrilla style assault on mass consumer ideology. I'm just envious of the big, beautiful flower planters across the street from Loblaws and wanted a little instant gratification neighborhood beautification on my strip of road. I'll join the local BIA and try and get some development money for my little section of the neighborhood. Then, if we are still neglected, I'll initiate some yarny protest.

Anyway, my first tags are just old gauge swatches sewn together and repurposed. I'm working on my first real tag, in all of it's day-glo arcylic spendour. everything has it's place grasshopper.

4 comments:

MezzoDiva said...

I love your new blog layout!

Lisaleh said...

I LOVE your phone pole art!

Mary Anne said...

Those are beautiful swatches and look so good on that pole!

AMcF said...

Awesome, doll!