Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Ultimate Mobius Cowl

Many of the links posted here are from Ravelry.com, a free website for knitters and crocheters. If you don't have your own account you can use ours: login: knitomatic2, password: knitomatic. But you should get your own account fast, 'cause you're going to LOVE it!



Amid all the stuff I have to get done, I've snuck in a new cowl, and it's for ME!  

Despite what you might think, I'm always so busy making things for other people or the store that I don't really have much of a collection of nice handmade hats, mitts and scarves to get me though the long Canadian winter. It's driving me crazy, none of my accessories match, or I'm just not in love with them. 

So I'm making a new hat/scarf set, just for me!  Part one, above is a Long Mobius Cowl in Malabrigo Chunky - and I LOVE it!  I used 3 skeins (all worth it!), and alternated K3 rounds, P3 rounds, until I had 16 ridges total.  I used 8mm-36" needles but a bit longer (40" or 47") would have been good also. 

Love the yarn, it is PERFECT!  No shedding issues, soft, and lots of body, so my cowl has bulk without weight, and stands up nicely so I can snuggle into it when the wind kicks in.   Me Likey!


As always, you can find us at knitomatic.com!

No comments: