i made a cowl for the store. it's a pretty big cowl, i wasn't sure if it was too big, but figured i'd just plough through and see what happened since it's for the store. i used 1 ball of Lang Mille Colori Big and 6mm/24" circular needles. i chose the muted colourway to go with the tuxedo coat in magnum for the front window. it looks really beautiful, i'll have to photograph it on a more neutal coloured sweater so it won't be dominated.
Mille Colori Big Cowl
shown in size large, which is a drapey, slightly oversized cowl. i haven't made it yet in a smaller size so i don't know how much taller it will be. if you want something that will stay closer to your body but still be a cowl try the small size (and tell me how it goes). If you want a full on neck warmer that stays close to your body for blizzard conditions you should probably cast on 80 sts and 5.5mm needles.
- S/M (M/L)
- Circumference: 24"/61cm (28"/71cm)
- Length: ? (10.5cm/27cm)
17 sts & 16 rows = 4"/10cm unstretched in K2xP2 rib
- 6mm-24" circular needles
- 1 ball of Mille Colori Big (757-70)
- Cast on 120 sts, join in the round being careful not to twist your sts.
- *K2, P2; repeat from * to end of round.
- Repeat the above instructions until piece measures approx 10.5"/26cm.
- Cast off loosely & weave in ends.