Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ww knit in public day

Hi friends!  Sorry I have not blogged recently. My beloved baby bird Belle passed away from unknown causes and it kinda got me down. Pluto was doing really well with a friend, so I think I may purchase a brand new lovebird buddy for him.

On a tangent, people have complaining that Intweave Press has been withdrawing their free online patterns and selling them through their webstore (for example the Soap Bubble Wrap from the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits).  Personally, if they advertise that a download will only be available for a limited period of time, que sera. But if they publish a pattern in their magazines stating that the instructions are online and do not state that it will not be available after a specific date, I think it's reasonable to assume that the pattern will be there in perpetuity (unless the company goes under and the website disappears).  I thought about how I felt as a retailer who sells their publication and I wrote to them, telling them the myriad legitimate reasons why this policy is bad for business. As a consumer, if you are upset about this or feel shortchanged, I suggest you contact them and tell them how you feel.  Here is a link to their online contact form. If you don't tell them how you feel, how will they know? Be your own focus group!


june24 009 by you.

The sock doll  is coming along nicely. I'm working on her pants right now, but the coat turned out really nice!  I improvised it and knit it in the round with some Elzbeth Lavold Angora I had hanging around the store.


june24 013 by you.

I Finished my ceramic mini-cardie just in time for the hot weather. the yarn is cooler than others and was nice to use as a cover up on a sunny day, but I wouldn't say that it is going to replace air conditioners any time soon. That said, the drape is really nice!  I am going o try the pattern again in Cascade Fization and see what happens with a cotton that has more body.


june24 002 by you.

World Wide Knit In Public Day Hat

I made a hat with Studioloo Mixed Weight Handspun, Downtown Beauty,  on World Wide Knit in Public Day in the park next to the Artscape TTC Barns.

june24 006 by you.

Here is Rosie modeling the hat in front of the Artscape Barns - they look very archaeological on this side.

Knit in public day was so much fun!  next year I am going to do something more involved because it was a blast! 






1 comment:

Yarn a Day said...

Haley,
I am so sorry to hear about Belle. Much love to you and Pluto boy.
Yay - what a pretty hat you made - a compliment to my yarn - and how cute is Rose in it?!

Talk to you soon lovey!
Cindy