Wednesday, July 08, 2009
I pushed through and have just about finished the Tuscany Shawl for my sister in law's wedding. She does not want a huge, Stevie Nicks thing so I cut tow pattern repeats from the project (9 total, instead of 11). It's a pretty nice pattern, not too complicated, not too lacey-poo-poo and I suspect it would look good on finer yarn. It grows fast because it is very wide, the increases are on every row, rather that the usual every-other row.
The reason it is not quite done is because I did not know if it was long enough or if Katie (sil) wanted it bigger. I took my own advice and slipped the stitches off the needle and onto scrap yrn (Super 10 cotton held double) and then wet blocked it with pins on my ginat blocking boards. It blocked up rrreeeeeaaall goood! Now I am waiting for Katie too come over an try it on and then I'll cast off, steam block the cast off edge, sew on a label, and off it goes!
But now that I have finsihed all my required wedding knitting I am in the flow and jonesing to knit anything, can't stop!