Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Blanket Update


babette and capelet 002 by you.

the babette blanket is moving along a nice clip!  i've finished seaming each of the 10 sections and i'm ready to put them together. after that all i have to do is press it, crochet the border, and press it again.

i don't recall if i already mentioned it, but the blanket is a gift for my brother and sister-in-law for their wedding in July.  I think they are looking for a good poem or two for the wedding, so if you know of anything please let me know!

capele by you.

i just cast on a capelet for myself (the stripey version), i am using green Noro Iro and i went down a needle size to an 8mm but i may go down further too a 7mm. i love the old one but it stretched because of the loose gauge and i'd like it to be a bit more snug. i wear it all the time at work, it is perfect for when i'm a little chilly and provides protection from pluto's little gifts.


2 comments:

DeuceMom said...

It's probably over done, but we read part of Walt Whitman's Song of the Open Road at our wedding. We edited to a shorter length, and ended with the "will you travel with me..." section. The Reverend that married us actually addressed it in his homily. It suited us, so there's my suggestion!

Sel and Poivre said...

I've been waiting for this post to see all those lovely monochromatic squares together! I've seen so many of these on line and they're all fabulous but I'm just in love with your monochromatic version - it may push me over to actually putting this in my queue!