Thursday, May 28, 2009

Babette bobbing along



My Babette Blanket is bobbing along ahead of schedule. I have finished, blocked and joined all of the squares and I'm about to start seaming them. Making a schedule for this project was definitely a good idea!  It isn't a huge blanket, but there are a lot of little squares to make and having a daily allotment kept me completely motivated.  I'll start seaming, sOee how fast that goes, and schedule that too. Me so organized! :-)

Oh, and one more bit of vaguely knit related news .... I've been washing my hair with Eucalan.  My ends are getting dry and my shampoo is suspect. My hairdressers have always tod me to use a very gentle shampoo, but I'm not sure they exist without having to take a bank loan. I was watching tv way too late one night and was mesmerized by the ads for WEN, a conditioner type of cleanser.  After doing my research I found out that WEN is a big rip-off and that you can do the same thing with regular condtitioner. So I tired it, and the first wash was great, but the second was gross so I gave it up. A few weeks later, after wrestling with my ends, I figured why not try the Eucalan? I figured that if the stuff is the ultimate gentle wash for cashmere that it should be ok for hair. Hair is a fibre, right? So far so good, I'm 3 washes in and still happy.The roots aren't greasy, the ends are a little bit better  and they don't seem to be getting drier. The Eucalan is not heavy (my hair is fine and easily weighed down) and the curl's & volume are both great. I don't expect miracles, I just want to stop the cycle of damage. I started with the eucaluptus and moved on to grapefruit this morning. At first I wondered if this was going to be an expensive enterprise, but I sell refills for $8/500ml and I don't use a lot of the stuff when I wash.  Anyway, I'll keep you updated as I go!



No comments: