Friday, August 27, 2010

Silk Garden Pillow


My third Noro Pillow is coming along nicely, I've been slotting in some knitting in between flower sessions for the Bike).  This one has been a little challenging  because the Silk Garden is not knitting in the same way or to the same gauge as the Blossom. I'm not sure if it will fit the intended 19" x 19" pillow, I'll have to block it and see how much give it has.  Otherwise, it is lovely knitting. The Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted makes a nice contrast yarn since it is also a single ply and has a slight halo to it. The colours are working out too, and I've finally accepted that the opening in the middle is the best way to go (it's kinda cute & sweatery anyway). This one will probably be the prototype for a pattern. The previous two versions, both knit in Noro Blossom, which is discontinued, behaved quite differently and the closures aren't really as cute as this one. 

No comments: