Thursday, July 26, 2012

Petite Facile Progress: which button?




Our Petite Facile kids pullover is almost finished!  It looks great and I'm so impressed with the yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash Paints), it didn't pool at all. If I had produced it I'd feel proud. I just have to wash and block the sweater (think I'll add some vinegar to the bath to make sure the colour stays vibrant), and dye the button purple. 

I also can't decide which button I like best. What do you think, triangular or oval? 


I'm not loving the single big button hole. Maybe on the smaller sizes it's ok, but on the larger size the upper edge tends to flop around. If I did this again I'd make 2 or 3 button holes, and certainly make them smaller (I'd experiment with a 1 or 2 stitch button hole).  

As always, you can find us at Knitomatic.com

1 comment:

Sue said...

I really love the triangle one. The sweater is such a beautiful color too.