Sunday, April 01, 2012

day-dreaming about projects to come




I know, toques (Canadian vernacular for basic winter hat with a pom-pom on top, pronounced  Two-k) are out of season, especially in lieu of the premature summer weather we've been having around here. But I love it sooo much! 



Malabrigo Worsted in 606 Frost Grey and 37 Lettuce. I also want to make it in a real neon, but I'll have to wait until those come in. I know what you are thinking, I know you're dissing the neon. This will just have to be one of those time where you think I'm on crack and I'm right in the end. Neon is going to get under your skin, it is going to creep in and you'll wonder why you didn't notice before.

Here's the deal, neons need neutrals. Sure, neons can be migraine/seizure inducing in large quantities, but are cool paired with neutral colours like off white, grey, beige, and camel. The savy girls at the PurlBee know what I'm talking about, they've been down with neons and fluorescents for a little while now.  Still don't believe me? That's ok, just sit back, put some Duran Duran on your iPod, and see what happens after a while. ;-) 


As always, you can find us at Knitomatic.com!



1 comment:

Andi said...

That hat is awesome and MUST BE MADE IN NEON! I may have to do it myself :)