Saturday, December 11, 2010

Umaro Blanket


My dearest beau's Christmas gift is an Umaro blanket, pictured above. He wanted a plain, dark blue blanket made with scratchy blue wool, and much negotiation ensued. I tried making something up, but my mojo doesn't work with plain dark blue. Luckily Brooklyn Tweed just published this new pattern that uses bulky yarn (he calls for Cascade Lana Grande, but it doesn't come in dark blue in Canada, so I used Brown Sheep Burly Spun in BS82 Blue Flannel).  I worked out my schedule (11 rows per day) and was on target until the yarn company forgot to send me my order. Now I'm waiting on UPS :-(

Anyway, the pattern is well written and not hard to follow, but I have to pay attention to the chart, so not for novices. 

As always, you can find us at knitomatic.com.

No comments: