Friday, November 12, 2010

Finished Object: Burberry Cowl



Et Voila - I finished my Burberry Cowl, and it looks and feels great! Me happy. :-) To recap the details, I used one skien of Cascade Eco Duo in colour 1705 (natural/beige). It was really, really easy - not a bad way to learn cables, actually.

I used the pattern for the Aran size yarn (the pattern graciously accommodates 3 weights of yarn - worsted, aran and chunky) , but my row tension was a lot looser than theirs, so I only worked 4 pattern repeats and then worked a few extra rows in stocking stitch to get it to the right length. I opted for a grafted finish, but if you aren't you can also use a 3 needle bind off, which is really very easy. The yarn is fuzzy and very forgiving, so if you do opt to graft, it doesn't have to be the world's best graft. 

After working it, I think this pattern would also look great in the Malabrigo worsted or chunky (the semi-solid colours), The Dream in Color Classy or Groovy, or even the Cascade 128 or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. 

Oh yeah, once again, I'll reiterate - the Cascade Eco Duo is divine!

As always, you can find us at knitomatic.com!



No comments: