Thursday, May 17, 2012

Taking a Tunisian Tour





I have embarked on a Tunisian Crochet odyssey!  A couple of weeks ago I took a Craftsy online class  guru Jennifer Hansen (stitchdiva.com), and since then I've been exploring this new technique. 

The pillow above was my first experiment. As soon as I got to the lesson about 3 colour Tunisian Crochet I started playing around. Actually, I think I dove in even before that class - ever impatient to skip ahead. Don't worry, I did stop to learn how to do it correctly.  I set to work with a 12mm Tunisian Crochet Hook and 3 skeins of Malabrigo Gruesa in different colours. 



I actually took copious notes, the class was great, I loved the format and the platform, and the instruction was excellent. Currently I'm playing around with the basic 3 colour technique (Tunisian Simple Stitch), but I'm going to go back and complete my coursework and make the Tunisian Multi Garment (above). It's so Missoni, I think the textile design is so incredibly clever! Actually, it would make a dynamite blanket. Hmmmmmmmm ......   :-)  Anyway, Jennifer promises that by the end of the course I will be a Tunisian Crochet Ninja, and if I do my work I don't doubt her.


As always, you can find us at Knitomatic.com.


No comments: