My hats for Lucy are finally back on track! After all the knitting drama with the Pussy Cat hats, I took a break and made little L something to match her red jacket. It started as a Lil' Devil Baby Hat, but I made modifications. I added some length at the back, and turned the ties into a strap (the straps are super cute, but they are a choking hazard) which attached with a snap (a great big one that little hands can't open).
I made my mods on the fly, and while I wrote them down they got complicated and I don't think they are worth reproducing in their present state. I'll have to knit it up again in an easier way and write that up to share.
I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, and it was perfect for the project and felt great!
Oh, BTW, the reason kiddo is modelling in her jammies is because she had just dropped a great big smelly log and it smelled soooooo bad that we (aka. my sister-in-law) had to change her out of her clothes before her afternoon nap. Seriously, it was nasty, seriously nasty. That kid should not eat chickpeas.
As always, you can find us at Knitomatic.com!