Friday, October 22, 2010

Tweed Hat in the Works

Onwards and upwards! Next on my needles is a Hat in the Berroco Blackstone Tweed. The tweed seems to be very stretchy, so I'm using a pattern that was designed with it - The Sarah Beret above.  I like the leafiness without any lacy overkill. 

So far, so good, although I have modified the pattern to make it smaller - I only cast on 80 sts. Better safe than sorry. I spent the whole weekend fighting with the yarn and don't have it in me to make another gargantuan hat.  By the way, if you want to make something fitted using negative ease, this yarn is great!  I also started making my M1 increases without twisting, but I'm regretting that decision and will rip back to the band when I am done typing. Instead I'll change the M1 in the chart to a M1R & M1L. 

No comments: