Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Based on the Letter Bag from Stitch n Bitch nation, i applied the same principles but bulked it up to give it structure.
-used 2 strand of lamb's pride bulky for the side/bottom strip
- single strand of lamb's pride bulky for the front & back panels.
- changed the opening to overlapping flaps
- included air holes on each side to keep the air moving
- made it taller to keep birdy out of the wind (although he just climbs up the sides anyway and pokes his beak out the holes)
- handles knited flat but curled up to match the aesthetic of the i-cord decoration
- i knitted the icord on, but don't think it made a difference. 1 strand of lamb's pride bulky