Thursday, July 28, 2005

gotta have heart

crochet heart Originally uploaded by knitomatic.
this isn't my heart, it belongs to beatnik_chick on craftster, but i've apropriated for the universality of the human heart, it's everyone's heart. (it would be cool to have all sorts of crochet human organs hanging in the window for hallowe'en. a brain, a few kidneys, eyes, etc.) So lets get a little personal; i just had my heart broken for the first time as an adult. who knew you could fall in love & have your heart broken in a week?! the universe continues to astound me, but i'm not really in the mood to dwell on the diversity of its beauty or the beauty of its diversity. This is the true stuff of stitch 'n bitches. I'll tell ya one thing, this adult broken heart stuff is really disorienting. It isn't the crushing pain you feel in adolescence, it's just genuine loss. Well, it serves me right, Jews ought not to expect miracles from catholic saints - Curse you St. Jude. Besides, St. Theresa of Avila is still my favorite ... heh-heh, Saint Bernini!

No comments: